Looking for help with your publicity activity? We've created an A-Z of how we can help clients, so for a quick, in in a nutshell guide to the support we can provide. Here's part two: H to Q:
‘How to’ guides
– a growing area in many communications campaigns, written and video guides are only ever as effective as their content, and we can help create that content.
sometimes when you're too close to something it can be hard to take a step back and make time to think creatively. We can help. We take a brief, run a brainstorm with the team here and come back to you with creative ideas.
– we can turn complex processes or concepts into accessible visual aids, which can then be used across a wide variety of communication channels to help engage your target audiences.
– we work with a partner to run employee engagement exercises, which form the basis of developing and implementing internal communications strategies.
International PR support
– as the sole UK representative of the International Public Relations Team (IPR Team) network, we can provide publicity support in 22 countries worldwide.
– we can set up, help prepare for and/or host meetings and briefings with relevant media to help establish and/or nurture relationships as well as ensuring Orbit spokespeople are on their contact lists.
– we help clients with speech writing for events and conferences.
our work includes lobbying at a local level, generally around new housing developments as part of public consultation exercises.
– we’re not limited to PR. Our background lies in broader marketing communications,
and we help clients select the communication channels that will work best for them; devising PR support but also identifying and creating the materials (websites, advertising, literature, direct and e-marketing) that will deliver the results they need.
– we have a comprehensive and continually updated database of UK print, broadcast and online media; blogs and trade and consumer magazines, from which we can create media lists of target media and relevant writers/correspondents.
– some say the traditional news release is dead, but we still use them successfully to generate positive media coverage for many organisations in different sectors throughout the country. Journalists often praise the quality of our writing, too.
– we offer a complete newsletter design, writing and production service, or we can slot in to provide copywriting support as required.
– we help our clients manage what they say (and what is said about them) online – on their website, on news sites, blogs or via social networking sites - to make sure that online communications are consistent and co-ordinated, reflecting and supporting all of the hard work they put into their offline marketing and driving traffic to their website.
– our eagle eyed team is often asked to proof read documents to eliminate typos, inconsistencies and grammatical errors.
– we can help with both PR strategy
and hands on PR support; local, regional and trade campaign planning and delivery; researching, writing and selling in news stories; tailoring stories and developing news angles for different media; arranging media calls and photo/interview opportunities; as well as media briefings.
– we work with developers and some of the UK’s leading house builders to run public consultations and strategic communications activity surrounding (sometimes controversial) planning applications for residential and commercial buildings. Our work covers everything from the land acquisition stage through the planning application submission process (including running public consultation exercises and preparing statements of community involvement); planning approval (or refusal); work starting on site; construction milestones and handover/completion.
part of the value we add is in asking the tough questions and challenging your thinking. This is particularly useful in our public consultation and crisis planning work, where we’ll play devil’s advocate and come up with the questions you hope you’ll never be asked and the worst case scenarios you hope you’ll never find yourselves in. Then we help you shape and deliver your responses. We also produce informative Q&A (or FAQ) fact sheets for print circulation and/or publication on websites.